Friday, August 5, 2011

50's 60's and beyond...

Hey all, so I was given the idea and the challenge of being a 50's house wife for 2 weeks, and I graciuosly accepted.

 My Friend and fellow blogger Crystal Piccolo of  http://mylifeasmom-oregon.blogspot.com/2011/04/two-weeks-as-50s-housewife.html is doing the experiment and I am going to follow suit....I think. I am going to have her guest post on my blog of her experiences good and bad. So then I got to thinking why not have her be the 50's house wife, while I try my hand at a house wife of the later years? Maybe the 60's or 70's? And then I got to thinking that it wouldn't be too much different thatn what I do day to day here at the house.

So here is my brain storm, or should I say my take on the 50's house wife experiment. I am going to do all the things a 50's house wife was expected to do, but with a green and crunchy twist! I am going to make my own cleaners, and post the recipes, I am going to recycle, reduce, and reuse as much as possible. I am going to buy organic, and make as much as possible. I am going to see how to be a "better wife" while being a "better person" at the same time.

So this experiment is going to start on the morning of August 17th so I have enough time to do all my research and get a game plan down!  Do you all have tips or words of advice for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment