Thursday, December 16, 2010

uh-oh spaghettio's

Ok so this is not really green, or maybe it is. I have 1 son who LOVES and I mean LOVES spaghettios, and my daughter well she just has better taste than him! The sad part is when I was pregnant with Jamie, I craved spaghettios and I dashed out to the store to buy  a can popped it open and gag it tasted like pennies, or a tin can. BLAH.

So I needed an easy fix to get rid of the craving while not gagging. So I tried a few recipes to make homemade spaghettios. Epic Fail! So here I sat...all sick feeling due to being in my first trimester, and starving all at the same time. So my green-ness stepped up and I played around with the base recipe and found not only a preggo woman approved version, but a kid friendly version. And by far cheaper and healthier to boot!

So here it is.... Kelly's ring around the spaghettios

1 can organic condensed tomato soup ( or jarred sauce not hte seasoned kind)
1/2 a can milk Organic of course- and I like skim
1 tsp organic garlic powder
1 tsp organic onion powder
1c shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/3 of the 1 lb box ring noodles cooked in SALTED water.

1. Mix the soup, milk and garlic and onion powder in a pot.
2. Once bubbling add the cheddar cheese and mix until melted.
3. Add cooked noodles, mix and serve.

** I have also tripled the recipe and frozen the extras, and they thaw out beautifully.

So the green factor is you can have a 100% organic kid friendly meal that literally costs less about 50 cents a serving.

So up next is going to be my hand at making homemade handsoap.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment